Jennifer Shaften is an accomplished advocate for children’s rights as they navigate their parents’ challenging family conflicts. She has practiced in the Provincial Court, the Court of Queen’s Bench and the Court of Appeal of Alberta and in alternative forms of dispute resolution outside the Court.
In addition to advocating on behalf of children, Jennifer educates and coaches other lawyers in representing children.
She has presented at the World Congress on the Rights of Children. She is an active member of the Association of Family and Conciliatory Courts and the Canadian Bar Association.
Jennifer practices in collaborative law, is a mediator and parenting coordinator.
- Family Law
- Parenting Coordinator and Arbitrator
- Canadian Bar Association (Family Law and Child Welfare Subsections)
- Association of Family and Conciliatory Courts
- Alberta Family Mediation Society
- CBA Sub-Committee on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- University of Calgary Bachelor of Laws 1993
- Athabasca University Bachelor of Arts 1991
- Father Lacombe Care Centre Board Member and Vice Chair
- CPLED Facilitator and Evaluator
- Dispute Resolution Officer with Family Justice Services